Nicki Minaj Says Acting Is Her First Love. Wants To Work With Tim Burton & Will Smith

Publicado  June 8, 2011

Had things gone according to her original plans, the Young Money femcee would be a movie star and not a rapper.

Nicki talked to Entertainment Weekly Sunday [June 5] at the MTV Movie Awards about her dreams of making it onto the big screen one day.

“I went to school to be an actress. I never expected to be a rapper. It just fell in my lap,” she said. “So I would like to get an acting gig. I hope that when I am done with the tour I can go back and do some acting. That is my long-term goal.”

The tour Nicki referenced is her upcoming trek with Britney Spears, that runs from June 16 to August 13.

When the tour is over, Minaj will have to squeeze in time to start working on her sophomore album. But if Hollywood comes calling, she already has plans for who she would like to work with. As one might expect, Nicki wants to start at the top.

“I want to work with Will Smith, because he’s a very successful rapper turned actor and therefore a role model,” Minaj said. “And Tim Burton because I love his crazy imagination. He comes up with these characters that are just so fascinating and the costumes and just creates these whole worlds.”

Minaj did have a role in an independent movie titled "Stuck On Broke" last year. Due to scheduling conflicts she wasn't able to finish the film.

Source: paperchaser

0 comentarii:

Your Ad Here